© All rights reserved.
All photographs are copyrighted and all rights reserved.
Please do not use any photographs without permission (even for private use).
The use of any work without consent of the artist is PROHIBITED and will lead automatically to consequences.
My friend Durga Charan Das in his new workshop in varanasi (Benaras).
When he was a child he became famous after painting the feet of Goddess Durga’s statue in a temple nearby his family house in a village located in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh.
This reputation allowed him to become a successful Art student in the prestigious “Banaras Hindu University” (B.H.U.) of Varanasi.
He is painting amazing bodies making love or sometimes alone but always with sensuality and strength, with something special that reminds a lot of Eugene Delacroix’s work…
Exhibitions with his work are starting in Europe this season.
These are a few of the prestigious awards that Durga won in India:
- 7th North Regional Camlin Art Foundation, New Delhi 2007.
- Annual Art Exhibition (F.O.V.A., B.H.U.) 2005/2006/2007.
- Camelart Foundation’s, Art Tour, 2007.
- Kala Parva, India, 2000.
- Rashtriya Lalit Kala Kendra, U.P., 2007.
- 6th North Regional Camlin Art Foundation, New Delhi 2006.
- Youth Festival Spandam, B.H.U., 2004.
- Umminde, Uttar Pradesh, 2004.
- Varuna Mahotsav, organized by the Art & Culture Develpment Society of the state of Uttar Pradesh, 2004.
- Ballia Mahotsav, Uttar Pradesh, 2001.
- Tulika in water colour, IT, B.H.U., 2004.
- Annual Art Exhibition, KUP, Varanasi, 2003.
- Ram Chhatpar Shilpnyas, Uttar Pradesh, 2008.
- Indian Art Gallery, Pune, 2008.
- Young Artist Art Camp, Delhi, 2008.
- Ram Chhatpar Symposium, Varanasi, 2008.
- Smviti, Young Artist of Varanasi, 2007.
- Varuna Mahotsva, organized by the Art & Culture Develpment Society of the state of Uttar Pradesh, 2007.
- Ideal Journalist Association, Uttar Pradseh, 2005.